What Kind of RPG Maps Can You Expect?
I am a pro fantasy cartographer creating RPG maps and map objects commissions for many RPG publishers, as well as creating the maps and more for my own publishing projects. My clients include: Mongoose Publishing, Dog House Rules, Iron Crown Enterprises, Dementia 5 Publishing, Mythic Games, Conflict RPG and others. So you can expect professional quality and imaginative designs.
I create maps in many styles (and you can expect to see all of them over time):
- Hand-drawn maps overlayed onto beveled shapes for a hybrid hand-digital style
- Completely digital creations – beveled shapes, photo textures and 3D objects
- Fantasy map settings ready made for use D&D 4e battlemaps with varied terrain, but all maps are still game system neutral, so any System, any Edition.
- Other genres: feudal Japan, historical fantasy, old west, sci-fi and others
Map Formats for Download
I will be posting thumbnail of the current map along with blog post on that day, and a link to the page with the map in multiple formats for download, including:
- Full scale full color and grayscale (some as lineart) one piece PDF
- Full scale map sliced into printable letter size pages are home printing or POD
- Hex and Square grids or gridless options available for appropriate system use
- 1 inch = 5 feet scale (usable for 1 square or hex = 1 meter)
RPGNow, POD and Full Size Printing Available
All maps will also be made available as a free download from RPGNow. They will also be made available as paid-for hard copies from LULU and at full size from Gamer Printshop.
The rest of the site is currently under construction, but once complete Free RPG Map production will begin in earnest. Expect early June for official start!
Michael K. Tumey